The Generator Subcommittee serves as an advisory body for all generator reliability related activities. This subcommittee:
- Provides a forum to discuss generating plant winterization preparedness, including lessons learned and best practices.
- Discusses generation operational performance and review of information submitted via the NERC GADS (Generator Availability Data System).
- Reviews and discusses changes in resource technology and potential reliability improvements and impacts.
- Evaluates resource adequacy, energy assurance, and fuel assurance reliability related issues.
- Provides input and feedback into an evaluation of risks represented in the ReliabilityFirst Regional Risk Assessment.
- Consists of registered entity staff who typically have generation compliance or operational backgrounds and responsibilities.
The Generator Subcommittee reports to the Reliability Committee. If you have any questions please visit our Contact Us page and direct your question to the Reliability Committee.