- State lawmakers, commissioners, and staff
- Policy makers engaged in state energy regulation
- National associations of regulatory commissioners
- Utility regulatory and government affairs personnel
- Transmission planners plus anyone interested in transmission transfer studies and/or advanced technologies that may enhance reliability on the grid of the future
We will be discussing NERC’s Interregional Transfer Capability Study, the aspects of the clean energy transition and emerging technologies.
John Moura, Director, Reliability Assessment and Performance Analysis – North American Electric Corporation (NERC)
- John Moura will provide an overview, discuss the scope, and proposed timeline for completion of NERC’s Interregional Transfer Capability Study (ITCS). As directed by Congressional action, NERC is working on this study, in conjunction with the Regional Entities and industry stakeholders. The study focuses on the reliable transfer of electric power between neighboring transmission planning areas. The results of and details of the study will be filed with FERC on or before Dec. 2, 2024.
Shane Watts, Sr. Lead Trainer – PJM Interconnection
- Shane Watts will be discussing various emerging technology and tools being developed and used to maintain reliable operation of the electric system. In addition, he will highlight Renewable Portfolio Standards (RPS) and goals within the PJM footprint.
23-11-13 Tech Talk